Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Big Girl Bed!

Paige now has a big girl bed! It's not in use right now, (we tried it out and decided that she still needs to be contained) but it's ready for her when she's ready! A month or so ago I saw this bed on Trey & Lucy that her husband built HERE, and I was so excited! I called my husband over to the computer and asked him if he could please please PLEASE build this for me! He said "Sure, no problem" Isn't he the best? So off to Lowes we went and about an hour later the bed was done! It was that easy!


It took me awhile to paint it because its been a little chilly here and I was having a hard time deciding what color to paint it (I'm a terrible decision maker!) I finally chose a color, I used Valspar paint in Swim at Lowes and after it dried I brushed on some of the Ralph Lauren glaze in Smoke and wiped off. I think it gives it a little distressed look! :)


So what do you think?? I personally love it and so does Paige (and Bryce too!) She just doesn't like to go to sleep in it, it's not fun to stay in bed when you see all of your toys just begging you to play and theres no rail keeping you in! And its also sooo much fun to jump on! We'll try the bed again in a month or so!

(You'll have to excuse the underwear! My son is the nudist in the house, as soon as we get home he immediately takes off all his clothes! Lol!)

Thanks Trey & Lucy for the awesome bed inspiration and thanks to my hubs for building it!

5 comments:

  1. This is Awesome Tiffany!! I want to make Peyton a bed Just like this! Thanks for the idea and I hope to make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE that color. What a great bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bed... I never would have thought about this color but it looks fantastic! Anyway great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the cutest little bed! she seems to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love for you to add a craft to my Motivate Me Monday post!! I love your blog and think my readers would too!

    Jennifer
    www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete